header

header

Saturday 18 October 2014

The Fault in our stars.....FILM REVIEW!

Hey guys.... so I recently went home for the weekend from uni, and it was so lovely to be at home and I got to see my boyfriend for the first time in ages which was amazing, but I also went and had a girlie night from the girls from my church group and we watched the Fault in our Stars.
So I have never read the book, so I can't speak  from that point of view but just my opinion of the film.

The fault in our stars is in my opinion a romantic tragedy, it kinda reminded me of Romeo and Juliet. The base to the story is of a girl called Hazel Grace Lancaster, who is a teenager who has fairly severe cancer of the lungs. This film takes you through the struggles of living with cancer but also the romance that takes place between Hazel and the leading man Augustus Waters. I won't give too much away, but as it goes I was told I would cry my eyes out at this film and most people do. However I did not cry, it was sad but not enough to make me cry, I don't know whether its because i'm an optimist and i just kept thinking of all the good things about their relationship and the things that happened in  the movie instead of focusing on the sad things .....?? who knows??.. Anyways, overall i do think it is a good movie, it is really well made and the story is good, I think I don't really like the romanticism of cancer but then also in some ways it counteracted that with some of the more 'cancer graphic' scenes. All I will say is if your looking for a cheery movie,..... this is not.

Hope you Enjoyed my review (sorry was a little rambley!)
Keep it peachy!! XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment